Snowbird








V-neck: Target // Maxi Skirt: Old // Heels: Target // Necklace: Mindy Mae's Market // Watch: Arvo //
Lipstick: Mac Dark Side

Sometimes I over think my outfits. Do you ever do that? I try so hard to pair things up to keep up with the trends, it can be really stressful and expensive! I've come to learn that as much as I try, I still feel so much more comfortable when I keep things simple. Even for a nice night out, I feel best in my staple pieces; jeans, maxi skirts and t-shirts (not to mention these save me a bit of money). I think these items are so versatile, you can create a casual look or dress it up just by adding some dramatic lip color, a statement necklace, some accessories and some strappy heels (which is exactly what I did here) and suddenly you're ready to hit the town. Or in my case, you're ready to climb to the top of the mountain. Ok, I didn't actually climb, we rode the tram up, but you thought I was really talented for a second there, didn't you? Thought so.

This last weekend the Mr. and I attended a beautiful wedding reception up at the Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort and after we took some time and rode the tram to the top of Hidden peak right before sunset. It was gorgeous! A little chilly but luckily I opted for a maxi skirt so I basically had a built in blanket. One of the many benefits that come with maxi skirts. I paired it with a white loose fitting v-neck, brown strappy heels, a beautiful statement necklace, a watch and my favorite lipstick.

If you get the chance, take a trip up to Snowbird this summer and enjoy the beautiful scenery and all the fun activities they offer! They are even doing free movie nights and free concerts so really, what have you got to lose?
 photo ShawnaSignature_zps0ddb3ced.png

No comments